Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota
November 1st, 2017
Color Jumper is an abstract, color-based puzzle platformer which focuses on fast, precise movement to navigate your surroundings. Inspired by hardcore platformers like Super Meat Boy, Downwell, VVVVVV, and many others, your goal in Color Jumper is to reach the exit. You control a block with a different color on each side. Colored platforms are only solid when in contact with the connecting color of your block. Each jump rotates your block, creating a world where each jump must be planned carefully, turning levels into a twisting high-speed parkour race to the finish.
Development of Color Jumper started in late 2015 and has been the main focus for Tallbeard Studios throughout most of 2016 and 2017. Being this studio's first major game, there have been a lot of hurdles (technical and otherwise) to overcome. In the end, it has made Color Jumper a far better game because of it.
- Fully integrated colorblind mode
- Dedicated speedrun mode
- Incredibly tight and responsive controls
- Blisteringly fast gameplay
- Over 100 levels to conquer
- Four unique and challenging boss fights
- Collectibles which unlock additional extreme challenge levels
- Time and rotation goals for each level, a completionist's dream!
- Elegant and minimalistic level design
Switch Release Trailer (2020) YouTube
Release Trailer (2017) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Single Player Game" VGM Con, 2018
- "Seems nutty hard I dig it"
- Edmund McMillen - Team Meat, Twitter
- "I love this game, it's challenging in all the right ways"
- Nice Games Club, YouTube
- "A fun, engaging platformer ... a must have for speedrunners. 8.5/10"
- Somber Dawn Studios, YouTube
- "Color Jumper is A Good Game™"
- Brent - Dodge Roll Studios, Twitter
Color Jumper OST
Stream the full Color Jumper OST on Spotify open.spotify.com.
About Tallbeard Studios
Tallbeard Studios is a creative initiative based in Minneapolis, MN focusing on all aspects of games and game design.
More information on Tallbeard Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Color Jumper Credits
Programming, Design, Audio - Tallbeard Studios